Saturday, March 2, 2013

Prayer for Spiritual Renewal during Lent

God, heavenly Father, look upon me and hear my prayer during this holy Season of Lent. By the good works You inspire, help me to discipline my body and to be renewed in spirit.

Without You, I can do nothing. By Your Spirit help me to know what is right and to be eager in doing Your will. Teach me to find new life through penance. Keep me from sin, and help me live by Your commandment of love.

God of love, bring me back to You. Send Your Spirit to make me strong in faith and active in good works. May my acts of penance bring me Your forgiveness, open my heart to Your love, and prepare me for the coming feast of the Resurrection of Jesus.

Lord, during this Lenten Season nourish me with Your word of life and make me one with You in love and prayer.

Fill my heart with Your love and keep me faithful to the Gospel of Christ. Give me the grace to rise above my human weakness. Give me new life by Your Sacraments, especially the Mass.

Father, our source of life, I reach out with joy to grasp Your hand; let me walk more readily in Your ways. Guide me in Your gentle mercy, for left to myself I cannot do Your Will.

Father of love, source of all blessings, help me to pass from my old life of sin to the new life of grace. Prepare me for the glory of Your Kingdom.

I ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever. Amen.



Week of March 4, 2013 Announcements

Re-Registration for 2013-2014
Re-Registration for the 2013-2014 school year is now past due.
Once the classes close your child will be placed on a waiting list.
Please see Mrs. Resto ASAP if you have not re-registered.

Report Cards - March 20th

Report Cards for the third quarter will be distributed on Wednesday, March 20th.
Parent Teacher Conferences will be from 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Please make arrangements to see your child's teacher during this time.

Easter Recess
Easter Recess will be March 23rd- April 8th.
Recess will begin at dismissal on March 22nd.

Registration for New Students
Registration for new students will be March 23rd and March 24th.
Information packets are available in the office.
If you would like to see Mr. Woods regarding a new registration please see him on Sundays from 2:00 PM-6:00 PM.

Parents of students in Grades 4, 6 & 8
Parents may assist their students in preparing for the New York State Assessments in Language Arts and Mathematics by going to http://engageny.org/resource/new-york-state-common-core-sample-questions
Scroll down to the bottom and you will see links to the Sample Questions that the New York State Education Department has posted.
These sample questions are a preview of the new Common Core Curriculum Standards.

Monday- March 4, 2013 Feast of St. Katherine Drexel - an American saint
Unit IV Week 2

Tuesday- March 5, 2013
Check your tuition balance before Report Card Day.

Wednesday - March 6, 2013 - Feast of St. Colette
Catholic High School registration day.
Math coach works with students in grades 4, 6 & 8
Rowland Reading Coach - Superkids works with students in grades Kindergarten, one and two.

Thursday - March 7, 2013 - Feast of Sts. Perpetua and Felicity


Friday - March 8, 2013 - Feast of St. John of God
International Women's Day
Weekly Quiz Day
Stations of the Cross at 11:30 AM Parents Welcome to attend

Saturday - March 9, 2013
Thomas Hanlon Jr. Scholarship Luncheon

Sunday- March 10, 2013
NO CLASSES
Mass at 1:00 PM for all students
New York City History Day at Museum of the City of New York