Saturday, March 9, 2013

Prayer of St. Patrick
As I arise today,
may the strength of God pilot me,
the power of God uphold me,
the wisdom of God guide me.
May the eye of God look before me,
the ear of God hear me,
the word of God speak for me.
May the hand of God protect me,
the way of God lie before me,
the shield of God defend me,
the host of God save me.
May Christ shield me today.
Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit,
Christ when I stand,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears

Amen


Madrinas Scholarship Program
There are scholarships available for students entering Kindergarten in September 2013.
They are for $1,000.00 towards the tuition for the 2013-2014 school year.
These scholarships also apply to any student arriving from Public School in grades 1-8.
Please see Ms. Michelle Eusebio (Kindergarten parent) or Arelis Suarez (8th grade parent)
as they are representatives of OLQM with this program.
Regulations:
Single parent family.
Forms needed:
2012 tax forms - child must be claimed on form ----maximum income $45,000
If on Public assistance - budget letter and food stamp letter.
Official current rent receipt.
Current Con Ed bill with parent name.
etc.---please see Alba.
Alba will fill in all applications in the office and will copy all documentation.
All applications must be sent in by April 15th.

Easter Recess
Begins after dismissal on March 22nd, 2013.
Students return to school on Monday, April 8, 2013.

80th Anniversary Celebration
OLQM School will be celebrating its 80th anniversary on Saturday, April 27th.
Alumni will be returning to reunite with friends and reflect on memories.
We as a school community are grateful for the programs that Alumni and Friends
support especially the science program here at OLQM.
If you are an alumnus of OLQM and want more information please see Nate in the library.

Announcements Week of March 11, 2013
Brain Awareness Week

Monday - March 11th -
Students in grades 5, 6, 7,& 8 are to wear gym clothes.
Confessions for students in grades 3-8 today.

Tuesday - March 12th
Bullying Curriculum Day for all students
Reading Coach will work with students in grades 1, 4, 6, & 8

Wednesday - March 13th
Math Coach will work with students in grades 4, 6, & 8
Rowland Reading Coach - Superkids program will work with students in grades K, 1 & 2

Thursday- March 14th
A reminder that tuition must be up to date for students to receive their report card.

Friday - March 15th
SCHOOL CLOSED - Religion Conference Day.

Sunday - March 17th - St. Patrick's Day
Reconciliation Class 12:00 noon
Mass at 1:00 PM for all students.